What to do with a five hours stopover in Frankfurt? Explore town of course! An 11 minutes train ride takes you to the Central station of Frankfurt wherefrom it’s easy to walk around to various interesting places. And if it’s Sunday before noon, a Sunday brunch in local hangout Schweizer Strasse is an excellent idea.
The perfect 2 hours walk through Frankfurt. Pictures below are numbered as the places pointed out on the map.
1. Leaving the Central Station.
2. Crossing the Main river.
3. Walking along the Main.
4. Brunch in Schweizer street. No tourists, lots of locals. Delicious brunches.
5. Walking in the area around Schweizer Strasse.
5. The city of contrasting architecture.
6. Crossing the Main river to Old town.
7. Not so old after all, since practically all buildings was bombed to the ground during WW2. But the Old Town has been reconstructed in accordance with the original plans.
7. Römer, the city hall square.
8. Headquarter of the European Central Bank.
8. Financial centrum of Europe.
- Back to number 1 on the map, still with plenty of time to get back to the airport.